The Business Development Executive will be tasked with promoting Project Merchandise’s capabilities and commitment to sustainable & eco-friendly branded merchandise to new and existing audiences.
This position reports into the Sales Director and will have two main areas of responsibility: seeking and securing new business; and growing the accounts within your remit.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and execute sales strategy, prospect potential clients and provide consistent and accurate forward-looking analysis
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities through research, networking, calling & direct marketing campaigns
- Maintain customer relationships and grow accounts
- Construct, forecast, and manage your sales pipeline via Hubspot CRM
- Communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email and in-person meetings
- Identify prospect needs, understand business drivers behind requests, and explain the Project Merchandise value proposition
- Consistently achieve monthly and annual targets
- Prepare presentations & pricing, including monitoring margins and currency conversions
- Stay up to date with the latest sustainable products in the industry
- Complete BPMA Level 1 and 2 training
What You’ll Need:
- We don’t need you to be an expert in sustainability or merchandise, but you’ll need a start-up mentality with a bias to action and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and target-based environment.
- A degree with honours in any subject, or 12 months experience in a New Business Development role
- Self-motivation, resilience, passion and focus.
- The drive and ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- An interest in or working knowledge of sustainability issues
- Willingness to learn and become an industry expert
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint